The 2019 Tidal Agenda
Expect the most innovative topics that will help you tackle your biggest challenges!
November 11th: DAY 1 CONFERENCE PROGRAM
Jade Waters Project Director Reuters Events
- Understand how the industry, central and regional government can work together to support the development of a commercial scale tidal industry that contributes meaningfully to the national energy mix
- Debate the best policy options for supporting a roadmap that delivers technical innovation, deployment of demonstration projects, LCOE reduction and long-term commercialisation
- Realise the role of key industry companies and associations in promoting a clear, unified message of viable LCOE reduction strategies that will engender confidence and deliver government support
Intro: Christoph Harwood Director of Policy and Strategy Simply Blue Energy
Sue Barr Chair Marine Energy Council
Steve Jermy Non-Executive Director Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Enterprise Partnership
David Jones Project Director Marine Energy Wales
Craig Frew Head of Emerging Technologies – Directorate for Energy and Climate ChangeScottish Government
- Get the latest official Orbital Marine company update.
- Learn about the O2 turbine financing solution.
- Get the O2 turbine overview and current build update.
Andrew Scott CEO Orbital Marine
- Understand about a new UK/FR tidal stream cross border collaborative project
- Learn about the installation programme and the development of a new supply chain cluster
- Discuss how learning from the project should be used to strengthen the debate for a change in tidal stream policy support
Simon Cheeseman Sector Lead, Wave & Tidal Energy ORE Catapult
Laura Fidao Corporate Finance Manager Simecatlantis
- Know when and how to engage with regulators to avoid project delay or costly expenditure
- Understand the support on offer from regulators at early phase project planning
- Discuss how regulators can better support project developers and provide a clear framework for effective planning
Ross Lowrie Environment & Business - Senior Advisor (Energy & Climate) Environment Agency
- Understand the latest operational research guaranteed to increase energy output
- Learn ways to overcome environmental impact with tidal range
- An update on the latest tidal range schemes & the way ahead for this industry
Chris Binnie Independent consultant Tidal Engineering and Environmental Services
- Why is tidal range still in the game?
- What matters most - energy, jobs or coastal protection?
- How can tidal range projects move forward?
Henry Dixon Chairman North Wales Tidal Energy
- Understand the scope of the project from the site/location and technologies involved
- Hear about key milestones achieved in the project and future steps
- Get the feedback from D10-1000 tidal turbine - construction, installation, exploitation and more.
Marlène Moutel Business Development Engineer Sabella
Jason Hayman Managing Director Sustainable Marine
- Hear which markets currently offer the most favourable support for deployment of tidal energy projects
- Debate project and company export - can project return to the UK?
- Understand how regional support can facilitate project development in the absence of a national plan of action
Jason Hayman Managing Director Sustainable Marine
Marek Sredzki CEO Water Wall Turbine
Alejandro Marques CEO Magallanes Renovables
Jean-Francois Simon CEO HydroQuest
- Learn about the biomimicry approach of Eel-Energy’s latest tidal device
- Understand the advantages of this approach & the LCOE status
- Learn about Eel-Energy’s innovation in electronics
Franck Sylvain CEO Eel-Energy
- Get the latest commissioning update on Minesto’s first-of-its-kind tidal kite project in Wales
- Learn about Minesto’s journey to making tidal energy a key component in the Faroe Islands’ transition to 100% renewable
- Understand Minesto’s efforts to unlock the low-flow power of the Gulf Stream and the Kuroshio current
Dr Martin Edlund CEO Minesto
- Now a reality - Nova’s Shetland tidal array has been generating power for over 3 years
- Key learnings and development - from Nova’s flagship EnFait tidal project in Shetland
- Driving down the cost of tidal energy - Nova’s cost reduction pathway
- Accelerating product innovation - de-risking technical, environmental and financial risk
John Meagher Director of Business Development Nova Innovation
- Understand the commercial plans of leading technology developers and the key steps to achieve commercial scale operations
- Learn how an investment will translate through to economic value
- Discuss potential methods for tidal energy to generate revenue and secure its long term economic value
Matthew Taylor Financial Services Green Giraffe UK
Laura Fidao Corporate Finance Manager SIMEC Atlantis
Gino Baw Principal Engineer ITPEnergised
Ross Fairley Partner Burges Salmon LLP
- Learn about the Morlais Project background & an update on progress so far
- What are the current challenges Morlais is facing?
- The future for Morlais Energy
Andy Billcliff Consultant Grid Consenting Morlais Energy
- Understand where you can source finance for development projects, including non-conventional methods of raising capital
- Learn how to secure project finance from to take projects through development and into commercial reality
- Discuss what holds finance back, and how we as an industry can instil confidence in financial backers.
Mark Francis Investments Director Abundance Investment
Peter Dixon Director Kepler Energy
Sian George Chair of the Board Orbital Marine
Andrew Smith Partner GreenbackersTM Investment Capital
- Get involved in the debate as our brave panellists challenge the industry though a thought provoking discussion on why development has been slow, and what can be done about it
- Do we need a disruptive future?
- Can collaboration elicit the momentum the tidal secotor needs to reach wide-spread commercial viability
John Griffiths Associate European Marine Energy Centre
Are Børgesen Founder Tidal Sails AS
Arne Kollandsrud CEO Tidetec AS