The most innovative topics that will help you tackle your biggest challenges
Click the below tick boxes based on your interests
The below boxes will filter the agenda based on what topics you are interested in seeing at the event.
- Select All
- INDUSTRY OVERVIEW: Biogas in the United States -The Billion Ton Opportunity
- FINANCING: Tackling financial challenges and minimizing project risk
- ORGANICS DIVERSION: Tackle challenges related to organics diversion requirements
- DAIRY-RNG: Capitalize on the most promising market opportunities
- TRANSPORTATION: Monetize RNG production for vehicle fuel
- TRANSPORTATION PATHWAYS: RNG production for electricity that would tie into vehicle
- OTHER LUCRATIVE PATHWAYS: Ways to get your biogas to market
SIZING UP THE OPPORTUNITY
Biogas in the United States - The Billion Ton Opportunity
- Understand why and how biogas could replace more than 50% of transportation fuel
- Find out more about what substrates are available and where the geographic hot-spots for biogas are
- Discover the substrates are over-hyped and the overall full potential
Michael Schuppenhauer Biological Systems & Engineering Division Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
FINANCING: Tackling financial challenges and minimizing project risk
FINANCIERS AND GOVERNMENT PANEL: How can public funds be used to leverage private financing?
- Learn about the impact on of a grant or public participation on a private investor’s decision to invest; understand how sizeable that grant needs to be
- Discuss what other factors are significant and what is their impact on the finance your project
- Understand what is required to form innovative public-private partnerships that would balance the use of innovative technologies, sharing of project costs and risk allocation for your project’s success
- What does the tipping fee need to be for a project to be financeable?
Jonathan Stone Partner InstarAGF
Mark Riedy Partner Killpatrick Townsend & Stockton
Aaron Ratner Managing Director Ultra Capital
ORGANICS DIVERSION: Tackle challenges related to organics diversion requirements
REGULATORY AND MUNICIPALITY PANEL: Capitalize on organics diversion opportunities
- Learn about the amount of organic material that needs to be diverted and how this might impact project development across the US
- Analyze strategies for compliance with the latest organic waste diversion legislation and explore innovative technologies to turn this challenge into a commercial opportunity
- Understand the conditions required to fund your project and plan for your project to be in commercial operation, whilst mitigating the financial risk
- Find out about the constituents and partner jurisdictions on the benefits of producing biogas from organic waste
MULTI STAKEHOLDER PANEL: Local solutions to promote organic waste to biogas
- Understand comprehensive solutions for sustainable organic waste management
- Learn about local government role to promote biogas development
- Hear about a public/private partnership case study
Clark Ajwani Civil Engineer County of Los Angeles Department of Public Works, Environmental Programs Division
DEVELOPER PANEL: The European experience on diverting organic waste from landfill to biogas
- Learn how to tackle challenges and capitalize on the opportunities associated with the newest technologies used in Europe to address organic disposal requirements
DEVELOPER CASE STUDY: Economic considerations needed when converting LFG to RNG
- Find out how to secure waste feedstock supply contracts needed to support your digester project and the competing management methods for organic material
TECHNOLOGY CASE STUDY: Project Simulations: Advancements in improving profitability and mitigating risk
- Comprehensive simulations make expensive trial and error obsolete
- Emerging technologies can now simulate real world complexities
- The future of plant operation is knowledge-based, information-driven and increasingly automated
- Learning from successful as well as failed projects
Amir Akbari President & CEO Anessa Biogas Software
DAIRY-RNG: Capitalize on the most promising market opportunities
DEVELOPER CASE STUDY: The latest on how to utilize dairy methane for you carbon reduction goals
- Why is dairy an investment opportunity for private equity, corporate partners, pension funds, banks and lenders
- Understand how to maximize the value to the project, farmer and minimize the value to the middleman? What does that mean for the project structure and off-take contracts?
- What is the latest update on to the reduction of methane emission by 40% by 2030?
- What can other states learn from the largest dairy producing state in the nation, and thus the largest dairy methane emitter
Daryl Maas CEO Maas Energy Works
MONETIZING THE OPPORTUNITY
TRANSPORTATION: Monetize RNG production for vehicle fuel
REGULATORY UPDATE: Gaining clarity on LCFS pathways in lucrative US markets
- What are the routes to accelerate the LCFS and RFS pathways? What are the road blocks, what can be done to remove them? What is the time axis? What other states help drive adoption
- Understand the new routes to market and how the Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) regulation is expected to impact the transition to greener transportation systems
- Find out what the LCFS regulation holds for developers multiple lucrative states for RNG
- Learn about LCFS pathways, while gaining clarity on the tax structure for compliance purposes and operation of commercially advantageous projects
MULTI-STAKEHOLDER PANEL: Monetizing renewable natural gas production for vehicle fuel
- Discover the vehicle conversion cost, how did it change over time, what incentives if any are still available and how these can be utilized to predict project profitability
- Learn about valorization pathways: LCFS, RFS2 and underlying commodity. Who captures how much?
- Find out more about the reasons to transition to RNG if the same provider have solutions in other markets
- Find out how to deal with the risk premiums involved in the conventional US EPC wrap and the alternatives available
- What are the opportunities to monetize production if RFS2 and/or LCFS break away?
DEVELOPER PANEL: How do NGV and RNG developers in different states utilize their production for successful vehicle fuel projects
- Share ideas on the legislator stability that is needed develop successful projects based the incentive distribution available in Oregon, California, and Quebec.
- Are vehicle numbers going to increase or decrease for CNG, LNG and RNG players
- Discuss the process accelerate the transition from a diesel fleet to cleaner transportation systems from RNG fleet operators and NG operators
- What are the technical considerations for fleet conversions to RNG that have proven maximum efficiency?
MUNICIPALITY PANEL: How to cease the opportunities that will allow you to expand your RNG fleet?
- Find out more about the infrastructure available to increase your fleet
- What is the process that needs to be implemented to increase the monetary value of your RNG production?
TRANSPORTATION PATHWAYS: RNG production for electricity that would tie into vehicle
REGULATORY UPDATE: Inform yourself on the application process of electricity production incentives
- Learn about eRINs and the EPA plans to allow biomass, biogas and waste-to-energy to register
- Find out how the eRIN market will expand beyond the CA? Find out more about the major players in the market and the plans to expand
- Find out the steps to expand the availability of cellulosic fuels by about 170 million gallons per year
- Discover electricity generation ways that do not impact air quality and understand how to overcome BioMAT challenges
TECHNOLOGY CASE STUDY: RNG to hydrogen application in electric vehicle market
- Hear the developer’s view on renewable hydrogen production, challenges and how to capitalize on available opportunities
- Explore the lessons learnt from biomethane to hydrogen for fuel cell electric vehicles and the potential technological applications that can be used in your project planning stage
- Learn about electric vehicle charging using biogas fuel
DEVELOPER CASE STUDY: San Bernadino biodigester implementation of food waste to renewable power
- Understand the necessary development steps from site control, CEQA, other permits, energy off-take and feedstock agreements
- Find out lessons learnt over the last six years and the process to secure finance and start construction
- the attributes of successful leadership that were developed and utilized to make this project a success
Michael Brown Executive Vice President Organic Energy Solutions
OTHER LUCRATIVE PATHWAYS: Ways to get your biogas to market
MULTI-STAKEHOLDER PANEL: Pipeline injection in California (in state, out of state) with or without pilot project status
- Hear about the utility injection application/commissioning history injection standards (CA vs the others) to identify the technical differences and what technologies meet the standard, what about the LHV challenge?
- Understand how to get into the grid in order to get to CA, if the distribution grid does not have or does not want injection? Is FERC helping?
- Overcome hurdles such as proximity to the pipeline, trucking and aggregating
- Assess different upgrading technologies and whether they are suitable for your project
- Understand the efforts to overcome economical hurdles associated with injection CNG and extracting it to use at another location
- Find out more about utility timelines and how to expedite them
- Injection in non-core states: How do we get into the grid in order to get to CA, if the distribution grid does not have or does not want injection? Is FERC helping?
Brad Douville President Greenlane Renewables
UTILITY PANEL: Ways to accelerate RNG as a part of the energy mix and decarbonization
- Find out what strategies are being put in place by leading utilities to monetize their RNG products
- What is needed for more US utilities to pursue renewable natural gas options
MUNICIPALITY AND DEVELOPER PANEL: Virtual Pipeline project
- Learn about an alternative to ‘wheeling’ gas through existing utility pipelines
- Understand challenges of transporting biogas for fueling fleet vehicles
- Evaluate the benefits of vehicle fueling at fleet sites versus fueling at biogas production sites
CASE STUDY: Calgren Dairy Fuels pipeline injections
- Get first-hand insight into the process for the cluster pipeline gathering system first/only dairy biomethane injection cluster in the state, 2nd in the USA
- Understand the utility injection application/commissioning history and find out the steps to add the virtual pipeline biogas
Daryl Maas CEO Maas Energy Works